[MPlayer-users] some help with zdnet videos

James Horey jhorey at cs.unm.edu
Sun Jan 18 23:21:58 CET 2004

Hello,

I am having some problems with viewing the Windows Media videos from zdnet.com
(also cnet) with mozilla firebird .76 (debian) and mozilla-plugin (compiled
from latest source) and mplayer 1.0pre3-3.3.3 (debian). Basically the video
starts fine with the introduction, but as soon as the video tries to switch
to the actual interview, the video just freezes. This is especially
frustrating since I've used this setup with earlier versions of firebird
(.6), mplayer (.9x),  and mplayer-plugin and watched those streams fine. I
really would appreciate any help on this matter. If I can provide any more
information, please tell me how to get and I will. Thanks!

-James Horey