[MPlayer-users] mplayer/mencoder does not play/encode entire file

Michael Waters baobabb at rogers.com
Sun Jan 18 23:33:47 CET 2004

Hi,

Mplayer and mencoder seem to exit before the end of the file when
playing/encoding.  This isn't a big problem for mplayer but when using
mencoder and 2-pass encoding, mencoder stops before the end of the file
on the 1st pass and tries to open the beginning of a track on the dvd
(I'm not sure which one), deleting divx2pass.log or xvid-twopass.stats ! :(

Has this happened to anyone else?

To reproduce the behaviour, if I play this file:

http://lame.sourceforge.net/download/samples/hihat.wav

mplayer quits before the end.  If I use `play` from sox, I can hear the
entire file.

I've tried cvs from yesterday as well as 1.0pre3 .

Thank you for any help,
Michael