[MPlayer-users] Sound/A-V sync problem

Thorsten Buss mlisten at drstone.homeip.net
Mon Jan 19 21:34:01 CET 2004

Hi..

I have many VCDs, SVCDs, mpg-files, too big AVIs, etc. and I use the
three-pass method to make smaller divx files.

At the most files I have a little unsync between sound and movie.
Often I take only care if I take attention of it.

But now I have to files where it is 150-200ms.

I've ask google to help me, but I found only transcode and avi_sync,
but no one can work with the dynamic mp3audio.

What can I do ?

Have mencoder some options I not found, or should I change to
transcode ?(I hope not, mencoder is my friend ;-))

Thanks for helping.

greets Thorsten

PS: English is not my nativ language, so sorry about the grammar.:-(

PPS: My command-line is something like this :
 mencoder $SRC -ovc frameno -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3:abr:br=128
 -alang de -o frameno.avi

 mencoder $SRC -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
 vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vqmin=1:vqmax=31:aspect=16/9:vpass=1:vbitrate=$BITRATE -vf
 crop=$CROP -sws 2 -o $TRG

 mencoder $SRC -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
 vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vqmin=1:vqmax=31:aspect=16/9:vpass=2:vbitrate=$BITRATE -vf
 crop=$CROP -sws 2 -o $TRG