[MPlayer-users] PAL interlacing

Fri Jan 23 01:52:15 CET 2004

Can somebody please explain how PAL video is interlaced? I searched on
this a little, but it seems that almost everyone is writing about 50fps
video for the TV. I want to know, what is found on regular 25fps
DVDs with every frame (or every second frame) interlaced?

Pattern in source film is (T1 B1) (T2 B2) (T3 B3) (T4 B4), speeded up to
25fps; how exactly 25 fps interlaced video is produced from it? Is there
way to reverse it without deinterlacing?

--

Vladimir