[MPlayer-users] nvidia/cvidix "Can't find chip" -- NOVIRUS

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 09:51:16 CET 2004

Joe Neeman wrote:

>> Try specifying your drivers explicitely:
>>
>> "mplayer -vc divxds -vf format=uyvy -vo cvidix:nvidia_vid.so blah.avi"
>>
>> ...and tell us how it works (or if it doesn't work) :-)
>
> It says:
>
> vidixlib: dlopen error: /usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid:
> vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver Error
> opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.
>
> But if I look in /usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix, there is a file called
> nvidia_vid.so

That's because you didn't follow the suggested command line quite right.
(Don't feel too bad - I did the same thing, the first time.) You used
"-vo cvidix:nvidia_vid", but what you want is "-vo cvidix:nvidia_vid.so"
- i.e, provide the full filename, not just the part before the extension.

I've managed (when in console) to get MPlayer to start, with audio but
no video, using CVIDIX; I haven't even been able to get that far using
XVIDIX, however, and I suspect that my particular nVidia card isn't
supported by the relevant hardware-recognizing code.

--
       The Wanderer