[MPlayer-users] external monitor and blue window

Marcus Thiesen marcus at thiesen.org
Wed Jan 28 20:06:17 CET 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 06:05, Marco Correia wrote:
> I know that this is a common problem but I searched and couldn't find an
> answer.
>
> Mplayer works perfectly in my laptop own LCD, but when I use an external
> LCD monitor connected to the laptop, mplayer shows only a blue screen (and
> sound) when using the -vo xv device. If I use -vo x11 then the graphics are
> shown, but unfortunately very slow (its a PIII, 650 Mhz).
>
> My graphics board is a Savage/MX. I have mplayer-0.92.

I'm no expert on your graphics board, but maybe you have only one video
overlay? Then the one monitor will show the movie (your LCD) and the other
one the overlay background, which is usually blue. Try to find a way to
change it, maybe your driver vendor or your x11 driver has special optinons
for this situation.

Have fun,
	Marcus

|Marcus Thiesen                           ICQ# 108989768|
|                   www.thiesenweb.de                   |
  28A7 37CC AE2C BB6C D56D  8A3D E614 E56B 7546 75F2