[MPlayer-users] Re: sound

hightechsoul hightechsoul at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 29 01:24:04 CET 2004

I have the Audigy 2 Plat using the oss drivers. My sound only seems to
work in mplayer and does not work with anything else, like xmms. Might
my sound problems be related to volume management (gnome) using the
device /dev/sound/mixer instead of /dev/mixer which oss uses? if so, how
do I get gnome to use /dev/mixer

TIA