[MPlayer-users] MPlayer -delay option in loop mode, and MEncoder -audio-delay

Fred swimwdolphin at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Jan 30 08:35:47 CET 2004

Hi,

MPlayer -delay option:

In my MPlayer 0.90pre5, I want to delay the video by adding "-delay 2" option.
At the first loop soon after MPlayer launches , the audio starts before
the video, but, from the 2nd loop onwards, the video and audio starts
together without delay.

What I want is to delay the video *every loop*.  Do anybody know how to solve
this?
I've tried 0.90pre5, 0.92 and 1.0pre3 but no luck.

MEncoder -audio-delay option (trimming audio):

Actually, it would be great if mencoder can cut off the beginning part my
sound file by this option when I try to attach this file to my movie,
but it seems that this function is not supported now.
Is there any plan to add this function in the next release?
(Should I ask this question in this mailing list?)

As a last resort, I may have to write a program to do the job...
Is there other command/software on linux by which I can cut off the beginning
part of my sound file (wave file, at least)?

Thank you for your time.
Fred.