[MPlayer-users] nvidia/cvidix "Can't find chip" -- NOVIRUS

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Jan 31 12:01:19 CET 2004

Sascha Sommer wrote:
>>Joe Neeman wrote:
>>
>>>[nvidia_vid] Found chip: NV28 [GeForce4 Ti 4200 AGP 8x]
>>
>>For what it's worth, I have the same card (mine is a Gainward
>>something-or-other, but still an NV28-based 4200-8x).
>>
>>When I use xvidix, I get a green screen. With cvidix, no video is shown.
>>
>>Sascha, if you need more details, I'll be happy to provide them.
>>

> Find out what DEVICE_ID your card has and change the family to NV_ARCH_30
>
> Sascha

Wow, thanks for your quick responses. :)

My card has a device id of 0281. I looked in your recent patch to
pci.db, and it corresponds to the following line:
+d	10de0281	NV28 [GeForce4 Ti 4200 AGP 8x]	0

...which in turn looks like it corresponds to line 120 in nvidia_vid.c.
I changed that to read:
  {DEVICE_NVIDIA_NV28_GEFORCE4_TI2,NV_ARCH_30},
and recompiled/installed. Still, no luck, though. :(

I tried xvidix, and still got a green screen. I tried cvidix, and there
still wasn't any video, with or without -nocolorkey. Then I decided to
make some logs in case I was doing something boneheaded. When I tried
xvidix again, instead of a green screen, the video appeared in strange
diagonal stripes. I wish I could take a screenshot. The stripes have the
correct luma/chroma from the video, but it's all jumbled to the point of
being unrecognizable.

If I use mplayer with -vo xv, xvidix goes back to a green screen. If I
try cvidix again, xvidix shows diagonal stripes.

Anyway, I'm attaching logs:
cvidix.log        == mplayer -vo cvidix -frames 0 -v
xvidix-xv.log     == mplayer -vo xvidix -frame 0 -v (after using -vo xv)
xvidix-cvidix.log == same as above, but after cvidix instead

Thanks again,
Corey