[MPlayer-users] audio off with mplayer mplayerback of mencoder rip - works with xine.

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Sat Jan 31 14:44:29 CET 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 14:17, Chris Phillips wrote:
> annoying isn't it? coming up to a 1.0 release and there is STILL a
> 200ms delay in much of what mplayer plays... the docs say use

Strange, I've only as of late seen one situation where mplayer had sound
out of sync, and that was due to me and esd beign stupid anyway.

mplayer + esd on local machine A, getlatency reported 0.28 s latency.
Application on remote machine B, connects to esd on A, and starts to
filter the stream. Latency is naturally increased because sound has to
go from A to B to A, with some processing in between, however,
esd_getlatency still optimistically says .28 seconds -> audio out of
sync :-)