[MPlayer-users] DVD crashing.

irisson jean-olivier jo.irisson at noos.fr
Fri Jul 2 12:44:15 CEST 2004

Adam Bogacki wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone could decode what is happening here.
> It seems that the dvd was successfully opened but no audio stream was
> found.
> This is strange as I'm using BBC DVD "The Planets" as test media
> and it has performed well on my Win DVD reader.
>
> It seems about to play, flashes, and dies.
>
>> Playing dvd://1.
>> libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.8 for DVD access
>> Reading disc structure, please wait...
>> There are 8 titles on this DVD.
>> There are 1 chapters in this DVD title.
>> There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
>>
>> libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
>> libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient
>>
>> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000132
>> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
>> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB at 0x00000189
>> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
>> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x000056df
>> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
>> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.VOB at 0x00391325
>> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
>> libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB at 0x0039132b
>> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
>> libdvdread: Found 2 VTS's
>> libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
>> DVD successfully opened.

It seems that you use libdvdread and libdvdcss in order to access DVDs.
usually mplayer uses it own libmpdvdkit, which is in the source that can
be downloaded from the web site. try to recompile mplayer and check if
you see these lines:
Checking for DVD support (libmpdvdkit) ... yes
Checking for DVD support (libdvdread) ... disabled by libmpdvdkit2
while doing  /.configure.
Once libmpdvdkit is enabled, you should be able to acces your DVDs
without any problem (at least I have never had any myself).

Hope that helps.

JiHO.