[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD crashing.

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Jul 4 06:56:38 CEST 2004

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:17:04 +1200
Adam Bogacki <afb at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> Hmm.. I had it working correctly a week or so ago.

Don't know what to tell you about that.  Most of the time when people
tell me things like that, it means something was working, but in a
completely different way, in a completely different set of
circumstances.  So it's generally not applicable.  Think about it, it's
your computer, what did you do that could possibly have changed the
mplayer package/libdvdcss?  If the answer is "nothing", then it's almost
certainly working the same as it did a week ago for you.

> I'm using Debian unstable and installed it "the Debian Way" .

That's the problem.  The debian packages of mplayer are crippled for
legal reasons.  Download the official packages, or install from source.

> apt-get install libmpdvdkit2
>
> was not successful.

Of course not.  It's not a dynamic lib, it's a feature that needs to be
compiled into MPlayer.  You might as well try to: apt-get install
more-ram