[MPlayer-users] How to mute mplayer audio?

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sun Jul 4 11:59:50 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Is there any way to temporarily mute player's audio output *without*
using the mixer?  At the moment if I press "M" to mute mplayer,
everything on my computer is silenced - warning sounds, XMMS, etc. which
I still want to hear (hence wanting to silence mplayer so I can hear
them.)

Is there any way to silence mplayer only, without silencing other
programs? (e.g. temporarily switch mplayer over to outputting silence
samples, ignoring the decoded audio data?)

Thanks,
Adam.