[MPlayer-users] rtc question; conf problems solved

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon Jul 5 04:28:07 CEST 2004

I found models or examples of most of what I needed in the source tree
under etc; I think I must not have run "find" since I had installed a new
version. anyway, they've all been moved and edited and work. I found a
font.desc in directories for the font I'd downloaded; moved them and all
is well.

Now I can't get mplayer to use rtc. It works for me if I do it as root.
But even though I've done

echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/max-user-freq
and I ran cat to make sure it was there, I still get permission denied for
/dev/rtc as normal user when I run mplayer.
I haven't tried editing the file suggested in the faq; I'm using kernel
2.6.7 so I really shouldn't have to do that. Any suggestions?

--
Cheryl