[MPlayer-users] noidx broken and opendml partly broken (32GB-file)?

Jens Arm Jens.Arm at gmx.de
Mon Jul 5 10:52:49 CEST 2004

Hi

I have a very big DV-AVI (32GB) concatenated with avimerge from transcode
If I try to play it mplayer opens it and tries to build the index:
AVI: ODML: Building odml index ...
but nothing happend after this expect mplayer is using 100% CPU and you have to kill it.
(this worked before ca. 2-3 month without problems)

I have used the -noidx to play/convert the video into other formats,
but since about 26. juni this stopped working, too. (mplayer-cvs from 25.juni the -noidx works)
I have tested and found out, that -noidx only do not work if you play a opendml file.
For Normal AVIs the -noidx works, but if you play a opendml avi, mplayer tries to generate the
superindex independent of the parameter :(

Any hints?

Jens