[MPlayer-users] 2 audio streams [-af export??]

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Wed Jul 7 14:22:54 CEST 2004

> Some updates have been made to try to enforce a playable audio stream is
> exported..  I guess I'm going a bit far assuming mplayer could read from
> its own export stream..

To begin with, it's not a stream. It's a tiny buffer with the raw data being fed
to the sound card. There's no header info to tell mplayer how to play it, or
even what kind of file it is. Sox could play it once, with osmething like
sox -t raw -r 44100 -w -s -c 2 exported.audio -t osdsp /dev/dsp
But that would just play the buffer once, i.e, not even a second of audio
(default settings).