[MPlayer-users] Re: Stills and sound from DSC MPEGs

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Mon Jul 12 10:21:24 CEST 2004

rcooley <rcooley at spamcop.net> writes:

> mplayer VIDEO.mpeg -frames 1 -vo jpeg

Thanks. As you can see from another posting I did find out as well.

> Was it easier to write that program, than it would have been to search
> through the man page for "jpeg" or "png"?

As usual, it is easy to find something if you know where it is, or
what it's called. Reading the docs did (initially) not help. Several
hours of Googling only revealed that this question pops up now and
then, and never gets answered.

Still, it feels a bit strange to use mplayer for this purpose, and not
mencoder...

-- Johan