[MPlayer-users] cvidix?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Mon Jul 12 10:32:48 CEST 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 09:04, Bennett Perkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what the cvidix driver is supposed to do, especially for an
> nvidia card. I want an accelerated driver, that is capable of playing from
> a console, without using tv out (because my monitor is waaay better than my
> tv). Is cvidix capable of this? Or is it for use only with tv out?

I think vo cvidix does not even work with tv out. It should work on plain
console however some people seem to have problems with this so
eventually it is necessary to setup a framebuffer console first.

> vesa works for my computer, but looks terrible (adds scanlines for some
> insane reason). fbdev is not accelerated. That leaves cvidix, but it
> doesn't seem to do anything. It looks as if the output goes to the tv out,
> even though there is no tv attatched. (I could be wrong here, but I have no
> way of finding out since I don't have a svideo to rf converter).

There is always the possibility to use vo vesa:vidix and vo fbdev:vidix
that lets them use vidix for accelererated playback.
Please try the -nocolorkey switch with -vo cvidix first. However it might
also be possible that your card is not initialized for playback correctly,
because we need to fill some registers we are not even aware off.
That would render all vos using vidix useless.

Sascha