[MPlayer-users] stupid dvd question.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Jul 12 19:16:25 CEST 2004

Bennett Perkins wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 03:35, Jaap Struyk wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's probebly a stupid question but when I do mplayer dvd:// will
>> this play the first or the longest track on the disk?
>
> It'll play the first... but it would be nice if it played the
> longest. Thats a good idea for playing movies... I had one dvd where
> the movie was track 28! I had to play 27 stupid trailers and
> making-of documentaries before I got to watch the actual movie!

That *isn't* necessarily a good idea, actually. What about multi-episode
DVDs of TV series, for example - or movies which are actually separated
properly into jump-to-able chapters? The longest track is *not*
necessarily the one which the user is most likely to want to watch, and
in point of fact unless multiple chapters are in fact not used at all I
don't think I can think of a time when it *would* be...

(Unless I'm suddenly all wonky, and "chapter" and "track" in a DVD sense
have different meanings. But...)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.