[MPlayer-users] stupid dvd question.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Jul 12 23:24:08 CEST 2004

Carl Karsten wrote:

>> That *isn't* necessarily a good idea, actually. What about
>> multi-episode DVDs of TV series, for example - or movies which are
>> actually separated properly into jump-to-able chapters? The longest
>> track is *not* necessarily the one which the user is most likely to
>> want to watch, and in point of fact unless multiple chapters are in
>> fact not used at all I don't think I can think of a time when it
>> *would* be...
>
> If such a feature were implimented, I am sure it would be an option.
>
> mplayer -playlongesttrack dvd://1

Well, probably, yes - and in that way it might be a good idea (although
I can see potential obstacles to implementing it, in that it might not
be readily possible to quickly determine the length of each chapter).
Regardless, however, the syntax you used is contradictory - because by
specifying dvd://1, you've told it to play chapter 1, which would
(presumably) override the instruction to "play the longest chapter".

--
       The Wanderer has recently been feeling much less useful than he
had not long ago...

side of it.