[MPlayer-users] question about mplayer output; also about sampling rates

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Wed Jul 14 16:51:52 CEST 2004

One or both of these questions may have obvious answers, but here goes
anyway ...
1. I notice when I do
mplayer {url} >error.txt 2>&1
to check what's happening one of the things I get is:
AO [oss]
I do have alsa built into my kernel and it was recognized in the
./configure. does this mean that alsa isn't being used or is it unrelated
to that?

Also, I'm noticing that occasionally I'll tune into a radio station and
have everything come out either really slow or sounding like Donald Duck.
If I exit mplayer and start over, I may get the opposite extreme or it may
just be fine. I haven't figured out if this is random or happens with
certain urls. Has anybody else had this problem and can you explain it to
me? Is there a solution? I'm using mplayer-20040710 from the cvs tarballs.
thanks.

--
Cheryl