[MPlayer-users] mencoder from tv with sound

zen22207 at zen.co.uk zen22207 at zen.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 00:41:54 CEST 2004

On Friday 16 July 2004 04:34, you wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:36:32 +0000
>
> zen22207 at zen.co.uk wrote:
> > amixer -c 0 sset Line,0 80%,80% unmute cap
>
> That won't always work...  You also need to set the volume, and "cap" on
> your "Capture" device as well as "Line".
>
> People also tend to mute line, so they don't have to listen to what's
> being recorded (interfering with playback).  Setting it to mute
> shouldn't interfere with recording from line-in.

This is true. I realised how bad this script was as soon as I sent it. There
are a few other things that could be improved about it as well, such as
adding parameters for record time, channel etc. I will be trying to improve
it as and when I get the time.

The reason why I left the line unmuted was so that I could hear when the
program was finished because (and this is the next best improvement) I can't
record and view at the same time. Don't know if its my system or the program
but when I try to run mplayer I just get

v4l2: ioctl streamon failed: Device or resource busy

Anybody have any ideas?