[MPlayer-users] DirectShow requires complete win32 codec set

Martin Simmons vyslnqaaxytp at spammotel.com
Sun Jul 18 23:27:54 CEST 2004

Your WMV crashes for me as well, but only in gmplayer.

You might like to try the patch mplayer-virtualalloc.patch I submitted to
mplayer-dev-eng a couple of weeks ago (no response yet).  The file is attached
to the message in

http://zebra.fh-weingarten.de/~maxi/html/mplayer-dev-eng/2004-07/msg00037.html

The problem is very random and configuration-specific, but is triggered by the
wmvdmod.dll in the essential codec packages.  The full packages contain
wmv8ds32.ax, which doesn't cause the problem.

__Martin