[MPlayer-users] output raw video in yuy2

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Mon Jul 19 19:31:16 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 03:20:31PM +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
>How do I get mencoder to output raw yuy2 stream? -ovc raw -of rawvideo
>always generates yv12 stream, and I can't find a way to change it. ...
>not only this is undocumented ...

???  It's listed in the mencoder manual page.

>but mencoder also prints confusing
>raw      - uncompressed video. Use fourcc option to set format explicitly.
>but there is no fourcc option or suboption.

It could maybe stand to be more specific.  The manual page's write up
is:

          -ovc raw
               encode  to arbitrary uncompressed format (use -vf format
               to select)

That is, '-vf [whatever else...],format=yuy2' may help.

>Option -ffourcc doesn't help too.

No, -ffourcc only changes what format code is recorded in the file (in
case some flaky player doesn't recognise the standard codes), not the
actual encoding for the video stream.
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com>      MPlayer does not suck.