[MPlayer-users] alsa mplayer/config in 1pre5 NOVIRUS

Richard Caldwell member at caldwell74.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 01:31:00 CEST 2004

Hi Bennett
thanks for the reply.
Sorry but , that is what i already have.
though due to inability to use a keyboard that is not what i stuck in my post!
:-/

I have the = sign, here is a direct ctrl>V from my config:

# my settings
vf=pp
autoq=6

format=128 #so that surround amp understands it
ac=hwac3,
#ao=alsa:hw.1,0 # pci bus one analog
#ao=alsa:device=hw#1.2 # pci bus one digital

ao=alsa:device=hw#1.2

vo=x11
-----------------------
So? S'any one else know?
Cos I don't think we do!

Cheers again Bennett, R

   	 On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:19, Richard Caldwell wrote:
> just upgraded to 1.0pre5 and it works fine.
> I can play my dvd thus:
> mplayer dvd:// -ao alsa:device=hw#1.2 -format 128 -ac hwac3
>  and the audio is piped to my external decoder.
>
> However if i just do:
> mplayer dvd://
>
> and let .mplayer/config control thing there is no sound.
>
> my mplayer.config contains this:
>
> format=128
> ac=hwac3,
> ao alsa:device=hw#1.2
>
> I am confused by the new device= bit , i had no problem with the formoat in
> 1.0pre4
>
> i assume I am missing some way of ascaping an = or a # but i've tride
> several variations.. Can any one help?
>
> Rich

you'll need to use ao=alsa:device=hw#1.2

The syntax for all options in the config file is the same as you would use on
the command line, but replace the space between the option with an "=".

For example, i use "vf=pp=hb/vb/dr" and it works, but "vf pp=hb/vb/dr" does
not.

Bennett

--

Whatever you Wanadoo: