[MPlayer-users] Cropdetector

Loren Merritt lorenm at u.washington.edu
Wed Jul 21 20:16:34 CEST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

>  Do you know the state of the Large File Support in recent kernels of
>  Linux (2.6.7) ?
>
>  Otherwise extracting the video in one big file is not a good idea
>  since it normally exceeds 2Gigs.

Did something break recently? I've never had problems with large files in
2.4 kernels.

But you don't need to extract it into one big file. vobcopy will copy the
vobs as-is (usually 1 GiB each), and mencoder _can_ read from multiple
input files as long as they're named vts_*.vob and are loaded via the
dvd:// syntax.

--Loren Merritt