[MPlayer-users] Theora encoding support

ephemeron at softhome.net ephemeron at softhome.net
Thu Jul 22 02:46:32 CEST 2004

On 12. July 2004 at 8:47AM +0200,
Jens Arm <Jens.Arm at gmx.de> wrote:

> > Are there any plans of including mencoding support for ogg
> > theora, now that the codec specs have been fixed?
>
> Would be a nice thing, yes :)
>
> Perhaps you can use:
> http://v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/

Actually the theora source comes with an demo encoder.  But since
the encoder understand only yuv4mpeg and wav, I have to use a
variant of the following script:

mkfifo -m 660 stream.yuv
mkfifo -m 660 stream.wav
mplayer -ao pcm -aofile stream.wav -vo null $1 &
mplayer -osdlevel 0 -vf eq2=1:1:-0.01:1,hqdn3d=4:3:6,noise=5uh \
  -vo yuv4mpeg -ao null -nosound $1 &
lt-encoder_example -v 7 -a 1 stream.wav stream.yuv > movie.ogm

> But at the moment it has some sync problems.

So far I've not encountered any sync problems with my "scripted"
procedure. What would be nice with an mplayer "native" encode is
I can get the noise= filter to deblock the video properly.