[MPlayer-users] Best options for my display?

Scholz Ulrich scholz at informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jul 22 17:11:18 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 05:50:03PM +0200, Matthias Klink wrote:
> hi there,
>
> > -vo xv is usually the (best/fastest/most compatible/least buggy).
> I'd say exactly the same.
>
> I have a DELL inspiron 8000 with the same graphic card as You do.
> mine runs perfect even on native consoles using the framebuffer.
> x11 compared to xv has more dropouts and consumes slightly more CPU.
> my DELL has a 550/700MHz speedstep CPU, a 1400x1050 TFT display and
> fullscreen runs perfectly xv, x11 and fbdev without proc. speed acc.

On my Vaio, xvinfo says:

X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
 no adaptors present

The docu of MPlayer states:

[xvinfo] should display a long text, similar to this:

X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "Savage Streams Engine"
    number of ports: 1
    port base: 43
    operations supported: PutImage
    supported visuals:
      depth 16, visualID 0x22
      depth 16, visualID 0x23
    number of attributes: 5
[truncated]

So it seems, we do not have the same grapic card.  Or maybe, I don't have
the right drivers.  What does xvinfo say on your PC?

Uli