[MPlayer-users] Re: Cropdetector

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Jul 23 04:05:01 CEST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:27:30 +0800
ephemeron at softhome.net wrote:

> I've got a VCD where the black borders are, well, slightly
> gray.  And so I need to pass the optional threshold setting to
> cropdetect=.  Or simply use rectangle=.  Both methods rely on
> trial and error.

Send me a sample (preferably at least 60 seconds) of the VCD, and I'll
see how well it messes up my own scripts :-)  Personally, I already have
cropdetect's parameter set to 20 IIRC, and it has worked reasonably well
for me.

So far, I haven't encountered any videos that cropdetect can't handle
sanely.