[MPlayer-users] Does one need to install mplayer inspite of 'gmplayer' ?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Jul 24 01:04:22 CEST 2004

On Saturday, 24 July 2004 at 00:30, antoine wrote:
> antoine wrote:
> > Yeah but what retard of an RPM dev would let you install gmplayer with
>
> that should read without, of course...
>
> > mplayer? That has got to be a first...

Ekhhhm... That would be me. ;) And why shouldn't I? Please do tell me.
I mean, some people are literally afraid of terminal screens and command
lines, so if they're happy with gmplayer, let them.

Oh, did I mention that gmplayer in the RPMs is actually renamed mplayer
compiled with GUI enabled, not a symlink?

Anyway, this package layout has worked for a long time, so if you think
it should be changed, you'd better have a good reason. :)

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer.html