[MPlayer-users] Re: [SLE] Playing DVDs on MPlayer from a directory takes a long time to start

Pieter Hulshoff phulshof at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 27 23:56:12 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 23:45, rcooley wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:25:16 +0200
>
> Pieter Hulshoff <phulshof at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > make me wait all mornin'
> > before showing me my movie? :)
>
> You know it would be pretty trivial for you to just decrypt it once,
> then send the unencrypted output to a file.  Then you'd have it
> unencrypted, and not need to suffer the oh-so-horrible 2-minute wait
> more than once.

True, but what I'm looking for is to just copy the entire DVD onto my HD, and
then retain all features included with DVDs (language, subtitles, etc.).
Perhaps I should just dive a tad deeper into the use of mplayer to see how
else I could accomplish this, but I have to say that a cp -a has proven to be
easy and fast. :)

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff