[MPlayer-users] Hardware AC3 and Software AC3 at the same time?

Chris Blown chrisb at hinterlands.com.au
Wed Jul 28 11:13:04 CEST 2004

Hi

First post to the list, so go easy on me..

I am currently using this mplayer switch -afm hwac3 for SPDIF output on
an EPIA-M board ( w/ ALSA ) and its working well.

I've noticed when playing sources that contain MP3 or WAV etc. ALSA
sends this out the SPDIF in PCM stereo _and_ the also analog outputs as
well.

By using -afm liba52,hwac3 mplayer will use software to convert the AC3
to analog and output this as stereo.

When playing an AC3 source I'd like to have it output as AC3 via SPDIF
into my receiver ( does this now ) and also have software converted
output as well.. Can I get mplayer to use both the hardware and software
AC3 conversion at the same time?

You are probably be wondering why in the hell I want to do this..

Take a look at this link and I hope it'll explain my reason for this
question. http://www.crestonline.biz/product.php?prodcode=I9000

Regards
Chris Blown