[MPlayer-users] philips dvp642 +divx

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 30 03:42:41 CEST 2004

I just bought a Philips DVP642 player which is supposed to play any divx
files. I tried some divx5 encoded with mencoder and there are playback
problems. The audio goes out of sync badly, then the video stops for 1-2
seconds and re-synchronizes, then out of sync again, etc. So the
troubleshooting section in the player manual says this:

Problem:

Unable to play DivX movies:
	Check that the DivX file is encoded in the
	"Home Theater" mode with DivX 5.x encoder.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is there some option for mencoder
that takes care of that? By the way, I have no problems displaying those
files with mplayer. Also, other files, made probably in windows do play on
the Philips player.