[MPlayer-users] DVD player under Windows that can play DVDs from HD

Pieter Hulshoff phulshof at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 30 13:20:34 CEST 2004

Hello all,

Thanx to some wonderful work from members of this list I've now managed to get
several of my DVDs onto my HD. Playing them with xine and mplayer is not a
big deal of course, but my wife and daughter insist on using Windows '98. Is
there a (free preferably) DVD player for that OS that can play DVDs straight
from the HD? I do mean DVDs, including languages/subtitles, etc., and not
just the VOB files (managed that already with several programs).

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff