[MPlayer-users] DVD menu support for MPlayer

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Jul 30 18:06:18 CEST 2004

Pieter Hulshoff wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> What, if any, are the plans to include DVD menu support in MPlayer?
> From what I remember, xine should have it, so would it be difficult
> to port it from xine to MPlayer?

To the best of my understanding, it is not possible to handle DVD menus
in MPlayer's current architecture. A large part of the limitation is
IIRC MPlayer's inability to handle still images. There are plans to
include DVD menu support in MPlayer-G2, which project may now be
reviving from a sleep like unto death, but that will be a ways in the
future if it happens at all.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.