[MPlayer-users] 1.0pre5 xmga oddity

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 18:24:03 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've noticed that, using -vo xmga in fullscreen mode on 1.0pre5, the video
does not fill the screen, and is cropped. MPlayer appears to be creating a
playback surface the size of the video stream, aligned to the top of the
screen, rather than creating a full-screen surface. The video stream is then
padded with a black band at the top (as is required for correct full-screen
playback), thus causing the bottom of the video to be trimmed off as it is
outside the BES playback window.

Sorry if my description's a little difficult to follow; it's not easy to
explain.

Stephen