[MPlayer-users] $ mencoder mms://url/of/some/asf/stream -oac mp3lame -o stream.mp3

Michal Panoch michal at panoch.net
Tue Jun 1 04:24:41 CEST 2004

hi,

i'm just wondering why is it, that execution of this command results in the
following:

.
.
.
ASF file format detected.
Video stream is mandatory!
Exiting...

Why this action NEEDS VIDEO stream as well ?!?!

All i need is to save some internet radio asf stream directly into an mp3
file, which I thought could not be a problem with mplayer.. But after whole
night effort to make mplayer work with lame, this appears.. :((

I can't even force mplayer to dump the stream to stdout and pipe it through
lame.. WHY ???

..any other solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated..

-mp-