[MPlayer-users] XvMC depandancies

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Jun 1 22:02:39 CEST 2004

Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> Carl Karsten said:
>
>>> Checking for XvMC ... no
>>>
>>> What do I need to use that?
>>
>> --enable-xvmc

> i don't remember the additional switch to point xvmc library but it
> was something line --with-xvmclib= you can point the library name
> (without .a/.so) or full pathname.

Actually, this is incorrect. You MUST use (for example)
--with-xvmclib=XvMCNVIDIA; specifying the path does not work. I
mentioned this on the development list a while ago, and made a patch
yesterday but haven't sent it yet.

It's possible that the other form of detection was used once, or that
both forms were once available, but if so the path-based form has been
removed.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.