[MPlayer-users] [BUG] mencoder coredump during lavc encoding

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Wed Jun 2 18:21:36 CEST 2004

> resolution. :) After some days maybe I'll try again just to reproduce
> the bug.

It should be easy to reproduce...

Just try encode second pass of anything that has incomplete first pass
(like, start first pass, ctrl-c it), and you should get the crash.

> Strangely, but I've found that encoding a black-and-white movie is
> harder for encoder than encoding of a colourful movie.

Colour is relatively cheap, and might subjectively serve as a
distraction (like some people reporting -vf noise adds quality on
playback).

> And more,
> parameter "gray" decreases the quality!

Are you refering to PSNR?