[MPlayer-users] qscale, 2-pass, and PSNR

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Fri Jun 4 00:36:19 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 23:24 +0100, Martin Collins wrote:
> An observation: 350 is not divisible by 16, you are probably wasting
> some bits there.

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted the email.  I'm not sure they'll
really affect the results of the experiment, but I'll redo it just to be
sure.

> A question: what were the min, max and average quantisers in the 2-pass
> run?

The defaults: vqmin=2 and vqmax=31.  According to the PSNR log, the
highest quantizer that was used was 7, the lowest was 2, and the average
quantizer for all 10000 frames was 2.9.

Cheers,
Jason.