[MPlayer-users] MPlayer v1.0pre4 display problem

Giuliano Pochini pochini at shiny.it
Sat Jun 5 23:07:56 CEST 2004

Hi all.

I'm testing MPlayer v1.0pre4 on a ppc machine. This bug is not recent
because it also showed up in older versions. When mplayer is compiled with
altivec support the image gradually turns to green in a few seconds. New
image blocks are displayed correctly, so when the whole screen or single
image blocks change, they have the right colours.
No problems when mplayer is compiled without altivec support.

I only tested some files from www.ngvision.org.  Mplayer prints this:

AVI file format detected.
VIDEO:  [XVID]  320x240  24bpp  25,000 fps  656,1 kbps (80,1 kbyte/s)
Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3

If someone tells me where to get files of different formats, I'll try them
as soon an I can.

Linux Jay 2.6.6 #1 SMP Tue May 11 20:04:44 CEST 2004 ppc unknown
gcc 3.3.3
ppc7450

--
Giuliano.