[MPlayer-users] Re: xvid and mencoder - corrupt headers?

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 6 13:23:33 CEST 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 12:16:43 +0200
ivanova <flamingivanova at punkass.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand all this. The current version only writes a
> ODML avi if it is bigger than 2GB.

No, it currently only writes a ODML header if the file is at least
_1GB_.

> This patch makes mencoder always write a ODML avi. Is this right?

No, it doesn't affect the writing of headers at all, only how/when
MPlayer reads them.

> But if my 1.3 GB avi is not ODML, why do other apps report sync/header
> errors?

1.3GB is bigger than 1GB, so it does have an ODML header/chunk.  In CVS
there is a "-noodml" option that will inhibit the writing of ODML
headers, if you need that for compatibility with other programs.