[MPlayer-users] RFC: docs update for "how to create a high quality DVD rip"

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Mon Jun 7 17:50:11 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 23:35 +0800, Mick wrote:
> Yes,  sorry, thatwas a poor xample.  Lets assume i'm using vbr.  How do i do
> 2 pass encoding *and* have compressed sound in my final result.

Well, according to Rich's instructions, you should do something like:

mplayer dvd://1 -ao pcm -aofile audio.wav -vo null
lame -V 3 audio.wav audio.mp3
mplayer dvd://1 -oac copy -audiofile audio.mp3 -ovc lavc -lavcopts [...]:vpass=1|2

Let me know how that works out for you.  I'm curious if there are sync problems.

Cheers,
Jason.