[MPlayer-users] Bug in pullup and filmdint? (Uploaded samples)

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Wed Jun 9 22:02:32 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 15:16 -0400, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> AFAIK there is no corrrect way to do this... AVI sucks too much.

Ok.  Kinda unfortunate as I suppose that makes troubleshooting harder.

> Yes, I told you: this problem is from the framerate being broken. It's
> mencoder, not filmdint, dropping the frames. It will do exactly right
> when just _playing_ the file (with mplayer) or when encoding from the
> DVD where the framerate is right.

Fair enough.  Actually the phenomenon I observed with filmdint went away
with I ripped with -nosound, so my suspicion of filmdint was a red
herring.  MEncoder seems to drop some frames after it detects that the
video is 24fps progressive with -oac copy, but it doesn't do this with
-nosound.  I suppose this has to do with the black magic that is A/V
sync.  With a fully 24fps progressive movie, that's not really a problem
since those frames will get dropped right at the beginning.

At least the bug in pullup is real.  Hopefully the clip I uploaded helps
in narrowing it down.

Cheers,
Jason.