[MPlayer-users] Authoring a DVD with 1 video, 2 audio and 2 subtitle streams

romildo at uber.com.br romildo at uber.com.br
Sat Jun 12 19:10:00 CEST 2004

Hello.

I am just learning to author DVD using dvdauthor
and want help on the following DVD I am
authoring.

Files:

  video stream:   test.m2v
  audio stream 1: test1.ac3	(portuguese)
  audio stream 2: test2.ac3	(english)
  subtitle 1:     test1.srt	(portuguese)
  subtitle 2:     test2.srt	(english)

  spumux conf 1:  sub1.xml
  spumux conf 2:  sub2.xml

  dvdauthor conf: test.xml

Multiplexing:

  $ mplex -f 8 test.m2v test1.ac3 test2.ac3 -o test_.mpg
  $ spumux -s 0 sub1.xml < test_.mpg |
    spumux -s 1 sub2.xml > test.mpg

Authoring:

  $ rm -rf test/
  $ dvdauthor -o test -x test.xml

Asking for help:

  Please, how should I write the *.xml files to
drive the spumux and dvdauthor tools in this
setup? Mine looks like the following, but they are
wrong or incomplete.

--------------------------------- sub1.xml
<subpictures>
  <stream>
    <textsub filename="test1.srt" characterset="ISO8859-1"/>
  </stream>
</subpictures>
--------------------------------- sub2.xml
<subpictures>
  <stream>
    <textsub filename="test2.srt" characterset="ISO8859-1"/>
  </stream>
</subpictures>
--------------------------------- test.xml
<dvdauthor>
  <vmgm />
  <titleset>
    <titles>
      <pgc>
	<vob file="test.mpg" />
      </pgc>
      <subpicture lang="pt"/>
      <subpicture lang="en"/>
    </titles>
  </titleset>
</dvdauthor>

I am not worried about menus for the moment.

Regards.

Romildo