[MPlayer-users] Step-by-step frames

Ville Saari 113762 at foo.bar.org
Fri Jun 11 21:54:24 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:32:26PM +0200, ivanova wrote:

> > Yes it can - with a little help. Apply the attached patch and then you
> > can use the right arrow key to make paused mplayer advance to next frame.
> Nice,
>
> Can you commit this to cvs please ;)

It's a quick hack and not quite cvs quality. The problem is that it
messes up the audio sync. It works by unpausing mplayer and pausing it again
after one frame. When mplayer pauses, the audio pauses a bit late. Normally
it catches up quickly after unpausing, but it can't catch up if it plays
only one frame, so the error accumulates. If you step lots of frames
before resuming normal play, audio will be tens of seconds or even
minutes further than video and mplayer plays video in fast-forward
for a long time to catch up.

At least that's what happens on my linux box.

--
 Ville