[MPlayer-users] MPlayer, Konqueror, and asf/asx streams

John Bailo jabailo at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 14 02:10:12 CEST 2004

I like watching International TV streams.

Here is a good page of them:

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm

The streams are either Real or WMP.  The Real streams work fine -- they launch
a separate instance of real and the video plays.

What I want do do is use MPlayer for the Windows streams.

My configuration is:

Suse 9.0
Konqueror web browser
Mplayer configured for asx/asf/avi files.

What happens if I click on a WMP link is that MPlayer launches, but then it
sits there and the stream does not play.

As an example, if I click on the USA tv stations and pick 'The Seattle
Channel' -- which broadcasts in Real -- works fine.

Now, if I try 'The Research Channel' it launches MPlayer and it sits there.

Can someone tell me what I can do to get this to work ?

--
W '04 : Open