[MPlayer-users] mplayer 1.0pre4 problem ("can't open VMG info")

David Syphers dsyphers at u.washington.edu
Wed Jun 16 04:53:19 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD-current, and I recently upgraded mplayer to 1.0pre4 via
the FreeBSD ports collection. After doing so, I couldn't play any DVDs. They
fail with:

Reading disc structure, please wait...
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
Can't open VMG info!

I managed to dig up an old package of mplayer 0.92 for FreeBSD, installed
that, and everything works fine. So it's not a hardware problem, or a problem
due to any other software.

Anyone have any ideas? I searched the archives briefly, but there are too many
"VMG info" problem posts to sort through, having nothing else to search on.

Thanks,

-David