[MPlayer-users] mplayer crash trying to play VP6 files (codec initialization failed)

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Wed Jun 16 21:43:11 CEST 2004

On 2004.06.16 05:47, Adam Malinowski wrote:
> Hi All,
Hi

> unfortunately something's going wrong when trying to play these VP6 .
> nsv files.  I got the latest win32 codec pack, recompiled a few times
> (1.0-pre4 as well as CSV versions), all the same.
> Bug report in the attachment,

The link you gave works here, at least the video part.
What version of vp6vfw.dll are you using? Try to get a newer one, the
dll in essential codepack is not the newest.
Does other VP6 videos works for you? If not, does other vfw formats
works ok?

Audio is broken with CVS, but works with pre4 (it have something to do
with faad upgrade i think).

> Best,
> Adam
Ciao,