[MPlayer-users] Fullscreen blackout and Real format problems - 2nd try

Spammy_Davis spamnet at verizon.net
Fri Jun 18 06:42:33 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've got MPlayer 1.0pre4 installed on my Knoppix system. It's working
well with the following exceptions:

1- When I cycle through the gui playlist in fullscreen mode, sometimes
it works for a few movies, but eventually the screen goes black at the
start of a movie (it can be an mpg or avi which triggers the black out).
The movie is playing, and I can hear the audio. If I then click on the
screen, the video reappears. When I go to the next movie, it blacks out
again. If I cycle through the playlist without fullscreen mode, there's
no problem.

2- When I play Real format vids I get an error message "Not audio/video
stream or unsupported". The movie then plays without any problems.

FWIW, I also have Xine on my system and it works without any problems
with the playlist or real format.

I'm not sure what tech specs are relevant: 2.6.6 kernel, KDE 3.2.2,
Radeon 7200 vid card. Here's the output of lspci:

0000:01:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R100
QD [Radeon 7200] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon 7000/Radeon
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping+ SERR+ FastB2B+
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
Latency: 66 (2000ns min), Cache Line Size: 0x08 (32 bytes)
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
Region 0: Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Region 1: I/O ports at 2400 [size=256]
Region 2: Memory at e8180000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA
PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)

- Thanks